Air Whitsundays – Seaplane Reef Adventure
The seaplanes showcase the amazing expanse of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park from above sea level before landing and transferring to a private semi-submersible at Hardy Reef to experience its beauty from below sea level.
Duration: 3 Hours
Departing daily, enjoy two hours of coral viewing and snorkelling from the comfort of the glass bottom boat moored inside the calm confined waters of Hardy Lagoon; a coral suspended lagoon in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
The Vessel also has an underwater viewing chamber, sun and shade deck areas and is equipped with all snorkelling equipment and floatation devices. Plunge into the temperate waters at Hardy Lagoon where we pride ourselves on a personalised snorkelling and coral viewing experience amidst pristine coral gardens.
Limited numbers in the aircraft and exclusive use of the glass-bottom vessel ensure small personalised groups. Experience the Great Barrier Reef from both above and below sea level after a comfortable journey from the mainland to the outer Great Barrier Reef… which can only truly be appreciated from the air!
The glass-bottom vessel also allows the opportunity to experience the Great Barrier Reef without getting wet; appealing to those who are not comfortable taking to the open ocean waters to snorkel.
You will experience a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef and northern Whitsunday Islands. Included sights, Whitsunday Islands, Bait Reef, Hook Reef, Hardy Reef and Heart Reef.
- All snorkelling equipment, snorkelling tuition and flotation devices for inexperienced snorkellers
- Australian sparkling wine and 100% fruit juice, local spring water and an assortment of Australian brand snacks and treats
- Comprehensive in-flight commentary
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Camera and/or video camera
- Light jacket for cooler months
- Prescription mask for snorkelling if required