Sail the Legend Derwent Hunter, to the Northern bays of the Whitsunday Islands. We visit Stonehaven where you can snorkel on fringing coral reefs straight from the beach and explore the deserted island beaches of the Whitsundays. Many lucky customers get the once in a lifetime experience of swimming with turtles. During the winter months, whales sightings are quite common. Humpback whales and pilot whales visit the Whitsundays every year from approximately June – September.
Actual itinerary subject to weather conditions – as this is a REAL sailing adventure. Depart Abell Point Marina in the heart of Airlie Beach. Set sail across the Whitsunday Passage, help the crew raise the sails or sit back and relax, enjoying the spectacular scenery.
Enjoy a scrumptious morning tea, with chocolate cake, biscuits and seasonal treats before heading to stonehaven for snorkelling and beach combing. Alternatively, relax at the beach or from a shady spot on deck and watch the morning activities.
Return to the vessel for a delicious buffet lunch of cold meats, salads and tropical fruits.
Depart under sail to return across the Whitsunday Passage. Buy a drink from our licenced bar and enjoy afternoon cheese & fruit platters as you sail home.
- Morning tea
- Smorgasbord lunch
- Afternoon tea, cheese and biscuits
- Coffee, tea, tap water
- Snorkelling equipment
- Stinger suits
- Courtesy pick up and drop off from local accommodation
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel.
- Sun safe clothing, hat and sunscreen.
- Light jacket/jumper for windy wet or cool days (warmer jacket for winter June-Aug).
- Barefoot option for boat plus sandals/thongs for walking ashore- or white sole soft shoes if you prefer to leave your shoes on.
- Money if you would like to purchase Beer/wine, bottled water, soft drinks and chocolates.