|Departure Location||Airlie Beach - Port of Airlie Marina|
|Trip Length||Full Day|
|Season Rates||Valid for travel between 1 April 2019 - 31 March 2020|
Spend the whole day experiencing the magic of Whitsunday Island- home to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet. This day cruise offers the most time on the island and the longest permit to Whitehaven Beach than any other tour.
Whitehaven Beach is frequently voted top ten in Australia if not the world! This 7km stretch of sand is made up of 98% pure silica leaving it breathtakingly white and soft. Surrounded by sparkling turquoise waters and contrasting green forest, it is clear why this is the most photographed beach in Australia.
Your day will consist of informative hikes from the northern end of Whitehaven up to the stunning Hill Inlet Lookout and beyond, and luxurious indulgence at the southern, less frequented, end of the beach. There will be water, beach shades, games, and complimentary tea and coffee available on your tour. The crew will also serve up a gourmet burger and salads bar right on the beach. There will also be cold drinks available for your purchase.
Please note: Whitsunday Island is an uninhabited island and as such does not contain any shops or cafes. There are also only a few toilets. Please prepare accordingly.
1. You will be transferred by one of the Cruise Whitsundays vessels to the southern end of Whitehaven Beach for the beginning of your tour. The crew will advise you of your day itinerary- all variable based on weather conditions.
2. Enjoy a leisurely cruise in the smaller Whitehaven based vessel. This will cover the full length of Whitehaven Beach and across Hill Inlet to the landing point. Enjoy a guided bushwalk including informative commentary about the history of the island and the traditional owners- the Ngaro people. Don’t forget your camera as you will want to capture the view from the top!
3. Your day will also feature walks on the Solway Circuit and to Chance Bay. Your guide will provide you with start times for these walks on the day. Solway Circuit Lookout is an approximately 30 minute walk at a steady pace. It offers incredible flora and fauna and beautiful views out over the Solway Passage and out to Pentecost and Haslewood Islands. Chance Bay is a leisurely 90 minutes return option through the rainforest to this stunning secluded beach. You will have time to spend on this beach before your return.
4. Full day guests will join the two half day tours available with an exclusive guide on attendance throughout the day.
Please Note: This is a sample tour plan; your itinerary is based on the weather and tidal conditions experienced at the time of travel.
“supplier” means any tour operator or other supplier of the services “you” means the guest booking and person named on this reservation booking “we”, “our” means The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre and A.J.LAURENT PTY LTD These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made through The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre. Placing a booking with The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre and paying a deposit constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
For bookings made more than 30 days prior to travel, a 25% deposit is due to secure your booking with the balance due 30 days prior to travel. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, the full payment is due immediately to secure your booking. If we do not receive your full payment within 30 days of your travel date and you do not contact us to cancel, your deposit is forfeited and your booking may be automatically cancelled by us, the supplier or both.
Prices are quoted in Australian dollars, inclusive of GST, and all payments must be made in Australian dollars. Your reservation will only be confirmed when funds have been received and are cleared. The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre is not responsible for delays in postal delivery, bank or payment system processing. It is your responsibility to ensure that payments are received within the times specified. If the deposit or final payment is not received by the due date, The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre has the right cancel the booking. If your final payment is not paid by the due date and in any event within 30 days of your departure, we have the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit in full without any reimbursement to cover our costs and those of any supplier.
If you wish to cancel or amend any booking made you need to contact us in writing. You can only cancel or amend a confirmed booking by contacting us directly. If you do not contact us to cancel prior to your booking departure date, you may forfeit your deposit and further costs.
Any cancellation or amendment made more than 30 days before travel will incur an administration fee of 25% of the total booking fee. All cancellations or amendments made within 30 days of your travel date departure will incur both an administration fee of 25% in addition to the individual supplier’s fees. Any changes requested to your booking, including but not limited to dates, are subject to availability and if they are not available, you may be required to cancel and agree to the cancellation terms. IMPORTANT NOTE: Some services and activities may not permit any refund for certain bookings. You should check with the individual supplier or The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre prior to paying for your booking to confirm any special non-refundable conditions.
We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover your reservation, and valuable items (e.g. cameras). Your travel insurance policy should include coverage to protect against unforeseen and last-minute cancellations or medical conditions that may prevent travel and also to cover any medical emergencies during travel at minimum.
In the unlikely case of a vessel break down, maintenance or unavailability, the supplier will supply an alternate vessel of a similar standard and quality. Itineraries may be affected by elements beyond our and the supplier’s control such as wind, tide, rain, storm or other weather conditions which make travel dangerous and require a delay or cancellation. It is the skipper's requirement to ensure passenger safety at all times and may use his/her professional judgment in any manner to keep his/her guests and crew safe. In the instance of such delay or cancellation, alternative options will be provided by the supplier. In the event a cancellation or delay occurs and your tour or service is cancelled and rescheduled, you will receive a full refund if you are unable to rebook your tour or service.
You are using these services and taking any tours at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or damage, including direct, indirect or consequential loss you may suffer as a result of your reservation, booking or anything related to your tour or services provided by any supplier. You need to ensure you are medically sound, fit and physically able to use the services. We are not liable for the event that you are refused access to any services or tours due to your medical, physical or other reasons, including intoxication. Any such claims should be addressed to the suppliers directly. You should note that sailing can be a dangerous activity and while crews will make every effort to ensure your safety, they cannot be accountable for actions or injury to you that may be ‘beyond their control’. Every effort is make to ensure your safety and you may be required to complete a pre departure questionnaire, and sign a travel agreement waiver during the check-in process of your tour with the supplier directly. We are not affiliated with nor responsible for our suppliers in any way other than as intermediary to arrange their services on you and their behalf. If you have any issues, injury, suffer any loss or damage, you need to take it up with the supplier directly. If we are obligated to cancel your travel arrangements for any reason, the liability of will be limited to a refund of all monies paid by you.
1. All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Prices valid for travel from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 where stated.
2. Child fares are for children aged between the ages of 4 to 14 inclusive. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult carer.
Exceptions: No child fare on Resort Connections to/from Hamilton Airport. Minimum age for Reefsleep is 12 years and over accompanied by an adult carer. Infants under 4 travel FOC but must be advised at time of booking. With the exception of Great Barrier Reef Adventures infant meals are not included on Day Cruises. 3. All inclusions are as indicated in the brochure and on the websites at time of travel. If not stated as included the item/s are at guests own cost.
4. All bookings not made locally must be reconfirmed with our Airlie Beach office the day before departure (+617 4846 7000).
5. Cruise Whitsundays reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
6. All cruises are subject to sea and weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger safety.
7. Should the company be forced to cancel a cruise our liability is limited to offering an alternative cruise or appropriate refund no greater than the fare paid.
8. Cruise Whitsundays cannot be held responsible for missed flights or consequent costs due to late arrival at airline check-in counter whatever the cause.
9. Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings.
10. The company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising whilst travelling with the company, participating in activities, on the vessel or pontoon or other company property. This disclaimer applies irrespective of the cause.
11. Where another company or persons operate the service such as transfers, diving and helicopter flights, Cruise Whitsundays is acting only as a Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation lies with that operator.
12. The helicopter scenics and transfers are operated by Hamilton Island Air and booking to travel with them deems acceptance the terms and conditions as published on their website www.hamiltonislandair.com.
13. Medical Disclosures Age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed. Divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. All diving is operated by Reef Safari Pty Ltd and booking to dive with them deems acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on their website www.reefsafari.com. A voluntary medical disclosure will be supplied on the confirmation of booking for Reefsleep and is to be returned to Cruise Whitsundays 24 hours prior to departure. We recommend you complete this form.
14. Group bookings and Charters: These Terms and Conditions DO NOT APPLY to group and charter travel. Separate booking conditions and payment terms will be provided with quotations and/or booking confirmations.
15. Payment and Cancellation fees: Day Cruises: No show and 24 hours or less notice cancellation is 100% of fare. 24 hours – 48 hours 50% of fare. Transfer to another Cruise Whitsundays cruise with more than 48 hours’ notice incurs no fee and is subject to availability. Transfer to another Cruise Whitsundays cruise with less than 48 hours’ notice is subject to availability and if new fare is less then no refund will be made and if new fare is higher payment of the difference is required.
ReefSleep: Full payment on Reefsleep must be received 7 days prior to departure. Cancellations must be provided in writing. No show and 24 hours or less notice cancellation fee is 100% of fare. 24 hours – 72 hours – 50% of fare. 3 – 7 days 25% of fare.
16. Travel subject to our Conditions of Carriage. View our Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
17. Cruise Whitsundays is the trading name of the ownership company Cruise Whitsundays Pty Ltd. ABN 70105420737.
Enjoy all the sights of the Whitsunday Islands in a stunning half day experience! Fly low over the Great Barrier Reef and sink your toes into the pure white silica sand of Whitehaven Beach- book today!
During this spectacular seaplane experience you will get to enjoy the pure swirling sands of Whitehaven Beach without the crowds! Relax, sunbathe, swim and explore on your own private stretch of sand today!
Mix adrenaline and relaxation in the beautiful Whitsundays with the Jetski Adventure and Whitehaven Beach! Spend the morning making waves and the afternoon dipping your toes in the water with Cruise Whitsundays!
Can't decide which island? Visit both! If you would like to visit more than one island and want to have time to experience the attractions of each, our 'Twin Island Escape' to Daydream and Hamilton Islands is for you.
Whitsunday Island and Hamilton Island hold some of the most iconic locations in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Cruise Whitsundays will show you a day out that will quickly become the highlight of your holiday!
For an exhilarating twist on GSL’s signature 60-minute scenic flight, take the ride of a lifetime in a helicopter; offering stunning views of the Whitsunday Islands and the iconic Great Barrier Reef! For a truly extraordinary Whitsunday experience, this helicopter flight is not to be missed!
Visit and snorkel the Whitsunday Islands on board the GSL Marine - Whitsundays Boat Tour, explore Whitehaven Beach, the Hill Inlet Lookout and snorkel the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Whitsundays Boat Tour, Game Changer is the perfect day tour for you! Enquire Now.
Our signature one-hour scenic flight offers stunning views of the 74 Whitsunday Islands and iconic coral formations that make up the Great Barrier Reef! This flight is not to be missed for a truly remarkable Whitsunday experience!
Marvel at the spectacular Great Barrier Reef from the pure luxury of a helicopter then get up close and personal from Cruise Whitsundays Reefworld! Perfect for a couple wishing to share a magical experience!
Ocean Rafting Fly & Raft Package provides the best view from above, on, and below the water in the stunning Whitsundays! Enjoy a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef and choose from either the Southern Lights or Northern Exposure tour for the best day in the sun!
Snorkel in the most magnificent coral gardens of the Whitsundays and stroll along the world-famous Whitehaven Beach on this fabulous day sail with Providence V. Experience the sailing of yesteryear today!
Choose from two special tours in this family friendly day out on the water! Both will involve visits to the stunning Whitehaven Beach and incredible snorkelling opportunities on the fringing coral reefs of the Whitsundays. Not to be missed!
Sail the Whitsundays in speed and style aboard ex-racing yacht the Southern Cross! This breath-taking day experience takes you to the iconic Whitsunday locations including Whitehaven Beach and the Great Barrier Reef. Enquire now!