- Packages & Specials
- Day Trips
- Overnight Sailing
- Bareboat Charters
- Airlie Beach Accommodation
- Resort Accommodation
- Visitor Information
- Live StreetCam
- Contact us
- About us
CONTACT US: (+61) 7 4813 9003
|Departure Location||Airlie Beach - Port of Airlie Marina|
|Departure Days||Mondays / Fridays / Saturdays / Sundays|
|Trip Length||Full Day|
Spend the whole day experiencing the magic of Whitsunday Island- home to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet. This day cruise offers the most time on the island and the longest permit to Whitehaven Beach than any other tour.
Whitehaven Beach is frequently voted top ten in Australia if not the world! This 7km stretch of sand is made up of 98% pure silica leaving it breathtakingly white and soft. Surrounded by sparkling turquoise waters and contrasting green forest, it is clear why this is the most photographed beach in Australia.
Your day will consist of informative hikes from the northern end of Whitehaven up to the stunning Hill Inlet Lookout and beyond, and luxurious indulgence at the southern, less frequented, end of the beach. There will be water, beach shades, games, and complimentary tea and coffee available on your tour. The crew will also serve up a gourmet burger and salads bar right on the beach. There will also be cold drinks available for your purchase.
Please note: Whitsunday Island is an uninhabited island and as such does not contain any shops or cafes. There are also only a few toilets. Please prepare accordingly.
1. You will be transferred by one of the Cruise Whitsundays vessels to the southern end of Whitehaven Beach for the beginning of your tour. The crew will advise you of your day itinerary including the trip to Hill Inlet, snorkelling and the walking tours- all variable based on weather conditions.
2. Enjoy a leisurely cruise in the smaller Whitehaven based vessel. This will cover the full length of Whitehaven Beach and across Hill Inlet to the landing point. Enjoy a guided bushwalk including informative commentary about the history of the island and the traditional owners- the Ngaro people. Don’t forget your camera as you will want to capture the view from the top!
3. Next it's time to head out to Chalkies Beach, a short ride from Whitehaven Beach, for some snorkeling along the colourful coral reefs of Haslewood Island. Keep an eye out for the great variety of marine life and fish species as you explore the underwater world.
4. Your day will also feature walks on the Whitehaven Beach lookout, the Solway Circuit and to Chance Bay. Your guide will provide you with start times for these walks on the day.
Solway Circuit Lookout is an approximately 30-minute walk at a steady pace. It offers incredible flora and fauna and beautiful views out over the Solway Passage and out to Pentecost and Haslewood Islands.
Chance Bay is a leisurely 90 minutes return option through the rainforest to this stunning secluded beach. You will have time to spend on this beach before your return.
5. Alternatively, if you would prefer to relax for the afternoon in the white sands of Whitehaven Beach you are free to do just that!
6. Full day guests will join the two half day tours available with an exclusive guide on attendance throughout the day. After your Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet Adventure Day Tour, hop aboard your vessel back to Airlie Beach - Port of Airlie Marina.
Please Note: This is a sample tour plan; your itinerary is based on the weather and tidal conditions experienced at the time of travel.
“supplier” means any tour operator or other supplier of the services “you” means the guest booking and person named on this reservation booking “we”, “our” means The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre and A.J.LAURENT PTY LTD These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made through The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre. Placing a booking with The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre and paying a deposit constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
For bookings made more than 30 days prior to travel, a 25% deposit is due to secure your booking with the balance due 30 days prior to travel. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, the full payment is due immediately to secure your booking. If we do not receive your full payment within 30 days of your travel date and you do not contact us to cancel, your deposit is forfeited and your booking may be automatically cancelled by us, the supplier or both.
Prices are quoted in Australian dollars, inclusive of GST, and all payments must be made in Australian dollars. Your reservation will only be confirmed when funds have been received and are cleared. The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre is not responsible for delays in postal delivery, bank or payment system processing. It is your responsibility to ensure that payments are received within the times specified. If the deposit or final payment is not received by the due date, The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre has the right cancel the booking. If your final payment is not paid by the due date and in any event within 30 days of your departure, we have the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit in full without any reimbursement to cover our costs and those of any supplier.
If you wish to cancel or amend any booking made you need to contact us in writing. You can only cancel or amend a confirmed booking by contacting us directly. If you do not contact us to cancel prior to your booking departure date, you may forfeit your deposit and further costs.
Any cancellation or amendment made more than 30 days before travel will incur an administration fee of 25% of the total booking fee. All cancellations or amendments made within 30 days of your travel date departure will incur both an administration fee of 25% in addition to the individual supplier’s fees. Any changes requested to your booking, including but not limited to dates, are subject to availability and if they are not available, you may be required to cancel and agree to the cancellation terms. IMPORTANT NOTE: Some services and activities may not permit any refund for certain bookings. You should check with the individual supplier or The Whitsundays Central Reservations Centre prior to paying for your booking to confirm any special non-refundable conditions.
We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover your reservation, and valuable items (e.g. cameras). Your travel insurance policy should include coverage to protect against unforeseen and last-minute cancellations or medical conditions that may prevent travel and also to cover any medical emergencies during travel at minimum.
In the unlikely case of a vessel break down, maintenance or unavailability, the supplier will supply an alternate vessel of a similar standard and quality. Itineraries may be affected by elements beyond our and the supplier’s control such as wind, tide, rain, storm or other weather conditions which make travel dangerous and require a delay or cancellation. It is the skipper's requirement to ensure passenger safety at all times and may use his/her professional judgment in any manner to keep his/her guests and crew safe. In the instance of such delay or cancellation, alternative options will be provided by the supplier. In the event a cancellation or delay occurs and your tour or service is cancelled and rescheduled, you will receive a full refund if you are unable to rebook your tour or service.
You are using these services and taking any tours at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or damage, including direct, indirect or consequential loss you may suffer as a result of your reservation, booking or anything related to your tour or services provided by any supplier. You need to ensure you are medically sound, fit and physically able to use the services. We are not liable for the event that you are refused access to any services or tours due to your medical, physical or other reasons, including intoxication. Any such claims should be addressed to the suppliers directly. You should note that sailing can be a dangerous activity and while crews will make every effort to ensure your safety, they cannot be accountable for actions or injury to you that may be ‘beyond their control’. Every effort is make to ensure your safety and you may be required to complete a pre departure questionnaire, and sign a travel agreement waiver during the check-in process of your tour with the supplier directly. We are not affiliated with nor responsible for our suppliers in any way other than as intermediary to arrange their services on you and their behalf. If you have any issues, injury, suffer any loss or damage, you need to take it up with the supplier directly. If we are obligated to cancel your travel arrangements for any reason, the liability of will be limited to a refund of all monies paid by you.
1. All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Prices valid for travel from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 where stated.
2. Child fares are for children aged between the ages of 4 to 14 inclusive. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult carer.
Exceptions: No child fare on Resort Connections to/from Hamilton Airport. Minimum age for Reefsleep is 12 years and over accompanied by an adult carer. Infants under 4 travel FOC but must be advised at time of booking. With the exception of Great Barrier Reef Adventures infant meals are not included on Day Cruises. 3. All inclusions are as indicated in the brochure and on the websites at time of travel. If not stated as included the item/s are at guests own cost.
4. All bookings not made locally must be reconfirmed with our Airlie Beach office the day before departure (+617 4846 7000).
5. Cruise Whitsundays reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
6. All cruises are subject to sea and weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger safety.
7. Should the company be forced to cancel a cruise our liability is limited to offering an alternative cruise or appropriate refund no greater than the fare paid.
8. Cruise Whitsundays cannot be held responsible for missed flights or consequent costs due to late arrival at airline check-in counter whatever the cause.
9. Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings.
10. The company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising whilst travelling with the company, participating in activities, on the vessel or pontoon or other company property. This disclaimer applies irrespective of the cause.
11. Where another company or persons operate the service such as transfers, diving and helicopter flights, Cruise Whitsundays is acting only as a Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation lies with that operator.
12. The helicopter scenics and transfers are operated by Hamilton Island Air and booking to travel with them deems acceptance the terms and conditions as published on their website www.hamiltonislandair.com.
13. Medical Disclosures Age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed. Divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. All diving is operated by Reef Safari Pty Ltd and booking to dive with them deems acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on their website www.reefsafari.com. A voluntary medical disclosure will be supplied on the confirmation of booking for Reefsleep and is to be returned to Cruise Whitsundays 24 hours prior to departure. We recommend you complete this form.
14. Group bookings and Charters: These Terms and Conditions DO NOT APPLY to group and charter travel. Separate booking conditions and payment terms will be provided with quotations and/or booking confirmations.
15. Payment and Cancellation fees: Day Cruises: No show and 24 hours or less notice cancellation is 100% of fare. 24 hours – 48 hours 50% of fare. Transfer to another Cruise Whitsundays cruise with more than 48 hours’ notice incurs no fee and is subject to availability. Transfer to another Cruise Whitsundays cruise with less than 48 hours’ notice is subject to availability and if new fare is less then no refund will be made and if new fare is higher payment of the difference is required.
ReefSleep: Full payment on Reefsleep must be received 7 days prior to departure. Cancellations must be provided in writing. No show and 24 hours or less notice cancellation fee is 100% of fare. 24 hours – 72 hours – 50% of fare. 3 – 7 days 25% of fare.
16. Travel subject to our Conditions of Carriage. View our Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
17. Cruise Whitsundays is the trading name of the ownership company Cruise Whitsundays Pty Ltd. ABN 70105420737.
Perfect for those without strong sea legs this purpose-built jet boat will have you seeing all the wonders of the Whitsunday Islands without the sea sickness! Enquire now for fun for the whole family!
You can’t miss this beautiful purple catamaran and you won’t want to! Offering an exciting day sail in the beautiful Whitsundays- you will walk on Whitehaven and swim coral reefs under the warm Aussie sun! Book today!
Can't decide which island? Visit both! If you would like to visit more than one island and want to have time to experience the attractions of each, our 'Twin Island Escape' to Daydream and Hamilton Islands is for you.
See the absolute best of the best with Cruise Whitsundays! This tour covers everything you would expect from the ultimate Whitehaven Beach day out- book now!
Explore the bright white silica sands and turquoise waters of Whitehaven Beach, before heading over to the beautiful resort island that is Daydream to continue your day in paradise!
Whitsunday Island and Hamilton Island hold some of the most iconic locations in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Cruise Whitsundays will show you a day out that will quickly become the highlight of your holiday!
Enjoy a fantastic half day cruise to the stunning Whitehaven Beach with Cruise Whitsundays! Scenic route of the Whitsunday Islands, spending 2-hours at Whitehaven Beach!
Cannot decide how to spend the best day of your life? The Fly & Cruise Packages Combine the choice of a fixed-wing scenic flight, Heli flight or Seaplane adventure with the fast cruising of the Whitsundays Boat Tour to Whitehaven Beach.
For an exhilarating twist on GSL’s signature 60-minute scenic flight, take the ride of a lifetime in a helicopter; offering stunning views of the Whitsunday Islands and the iconic Great Barrier Reef! For a truly extraordinary Whitsunday experience, this helicopter flight is not to be missed!
Travel direct to Whitehaven Beach and create your own itinerary and Whitsunday experience. Explore Whitehaven Beach, the Hill Inlet Lookout and snorkel the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Complimentary use of equipment and acitivies.
Our signature one-hour scenic flight offers stunning views of the 74 Whitsunday Islands and iconic coral formations that make up the Great Barrier Reef! This flight is not to be missed for a truly remarkable Whitsunday experience!
Do you want to surprise that special someone with the most memorable flight of your life? Visit the most romantic sights of the Whitsundays in this once in a lifetime helicopter experience. Enquire now!
If you’re looking for the fastest way to visit the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, then look no further! Maximise your time on this iconic Whitsunday location with our tour today!
Lady Enid is a luxury yacht available exclusively for adults for a group sail in the stunning Whitsundays! Swim and snorkel the vibrant coral reefs in this relaxing day out on the water!
Enjoy a half day experience on an incredible Ocean Rafting adventure! Swim at two stunning reef locations and sink your toes into silica sand in this great day out for the whole family!
Spend as much time as possible on the iconic Whitehaven Beach! Swim the Coral Sea and bask in tropical sunshine while travelling in the incredible Ocean Rafting speed boat! Perfect for families!
Ocean Rafting Fly & Raft Package provides the best view from above, on, and below the water in the stunning Whitsundays! Enjoy a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef and choose from either the Southern Lights or Northern Exposure tour for the best day in the sun!
This 60-minute scenic flight will be the highlight of your Whitsunday stay! See the iconic sights of the Great Barrier Reef from the best vantage point available. Enquire now!
Snorkel in the most magnificent coral gardens of the Whitsundays and stroll along the world-famous Whitehaven Beach on this fabulous day sail with Providence V. Experience the sailing of yesteryear today!
Camp in the beautiful Whitsundays with the Scamper Camping Transfer. It’s an adult choose-your-own-adventure with amazing overnight stays in some of the best National Parks on the Whitsunday Islands! Enquire now!
This award-winning tour offers an exhilarating 600-horsepower experience in the magical Whitsunday Islands! Enjoy a snorkelling adventure and a visit to Whitehaven Beach to make memories to last a lifetime!
This day tour is perfect for the young and old alike! Offering stable and comfortable cruising to Whitsunday Island for the ultimate Whitehaven day tour, the Whitehaven Xpress is an experience not to be missed- book today!
If you’re looking for the fastest way to visit the world-famous Whitehaven Beach, then look no further! Maximise your time on this iconic Whitsunday location with our tour today!
ZigZag Whitsundays combines the must-see locations of the Whitsundays such as Whitehaven Beach including a resort visit at the tropical Palm Bay Resort, Long Island in speed & comfort!
See the Whitsundays from all angles on this air, land and sea adventure spectacular! With visits to some of the most iconic Great Barrier Reef & Whitsunday Island locations. The only way to visit the Great Barrier Reef & Whitsunday Islands on the same day!
During this spectacular seaplane experience you will enjoy the pure swirling sands of Whitehaven Beach without the crowds! Relax, sunbathe, swim and explore on your own private stretch of sand today followed by a snorkelling location.
Want to see and do it all? Visit iconic Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island, colourful Daydream Island Resort and Spa and famous Hamilton Island. An amazing day cruising the Whitsundays!
Immerse yourself in a Whitsunday Island adventure, explore the Hill Inlet lookout, relax at Whitehaven Beach and snorkel the beautiful coral reefs of the Great Barrier Reef.
MV Mantaray is perfect for the families that can’t agree! There are multiple options to dive, snorkel, sunbathe, and relax in the Whitsundays with this full day tour. Book today!
Sail the Whitsundays in speed and style aboard ex-racing yacht the Southern Cross! This breath-taking day experience takes you to the iconic Whitsunday locations including Whitehaven Beach and the Great Barrier Reef. Enquire now!
Experience all the sights of the Whitsundays in a thrilling over-reef 60 minute flight! Enquire now to find out how you can get your heart racing today!
Enjoy all the sights of the Whitsunday Islands in a stunning half day experience! Fly low over the Great Barrier Reef and sink your toes into the pure white silica sand of Whitehaven Beach- book today!
Mix adrenaline and relaxation in the beautiful Whitsundays with the Jetski Adventure and Whitehaven Beach! Spend the morning making waves and the afternoon dipping your toes in the water with Cruise Whitsundays!
Expereience relaxed sailing on board the S.V. Sabatayn with Lux Whitsundays, for a comfortable sailing and snorkelling cruise!
Choose from two special tours in this family friendly day out on the water! Both will involve visits to the stunning Whitehaven Beach and incredible snorkelling opportunities on the fringing coral reefs of the Whitsundays. Not to be missed!
Get the most out of your visit to the Whitsundays by combining two of the very best day tours on offer! Chill and sail one day and get your thrills on a high-speed adventure the next! Book today!