Ocean Rafting – Southern Lights Tour
Ocean Rafting has two different Whitehaven Beach tours to choose from, the Southern Lights and the Northern Exposure tour. The significant difference between the two tours is that the Southern Lights offers more beach time and the Northern Exposure offers more snorkelling time. Ocean Rafting has built a reputation of consistent customer satisfaction and their motto is simple…“Treat every day as if it is the one and only day our guests will have to enjoy the Whitsunday Islands and all they have to offer”
Visit both the northern and southern ends of world famous Whitehaven Beach and spend at least two hours relaxing on the white silica sand or exploring the 7km stretch of beach. Ocean Rafting is the only Whitehaven Beach tour to have direct access to stunning Hill Inlet beach. Walk to the Southern Whitehaven lookout with breathtaking views of Pentecost Island and the tropical waters of the Whitsundays, and join the guided walk to the stunning Hill Inlet lookout. Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island or one of our “secret” snorkel spots and enjoy the amazing hard and soft corals of the fringing reefs. You can see why we call it 3 days in one!
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Courtesy bus pick up and drop off from local accommodation
- Cake for afternoon tea
- Please note buffet lunch, beverages and sun/stinger suits are optional extras
What to bring
- A beach bag including a towel, hat and sand shoes.
- A sweater or jacket in the winter months.
- Cameras ideally in a waterproof case or Tupperware.
- Cash for water, soft drinks, beer, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board.
- If you have chosen not to have the buffet style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own.
- A sense of humour is always welcome!